Recommendations to Congress
The Interfaith Immigration Coalition (IIC), a coalition of 42 national faith-based organizations, calls on Congress to enact immigration reform that will reunite families, provide meaningful opportunities for undocumented immigrants to apply for citizenship, and promote community wholeness.
For more than a decade, the IIC has been working with congregations, service providers, and faith leaders across the country to educate communities, oppose anti-immigrant policies, and enact humane immigration reform. In the past five years alone, the IIC network has organized thousands of prayer vigils, community forums, rallies, and local congressional visits across the country in support of immigration reform. As a diverse coalition, we seek to raise concerns of faith and immigrant communities that must be prioritized as the President and Congress do their part to reform our nation’s broken immigration system. The IIC urges Congress to enact legislation that will:
- Address the Factors that Push Migrants from their Homes
- Create a Swift and Attainable Opportunity for Undocumented Immigrants to Apply for Citizenship
- Prioritize Family Unity and Reunification
- Protect Refugees and Migrant Survivors of Violence
- Protect the Rights of all Workers
- Place Humanitarian Values at the Center of Enforcement Policies
- Prioritize Funding to Promote Immigrant Integration and Protect Vulnerable Populations
To sign on and add your name, please write to Jen Smyers at Church World Service.